Welcome. My name is Philip H. Corcoran. I am a software engineer who programs microcontrollers, communications systems, databases, mathematical models, analytical reports and related interactive applications.
I have college degrees in computer science, mathematics, statistics and geo-information science (GIS), and I have practical knowledge of electronics. I have more than forty years of professional experience in developing automated data acquisition, analysis, reporting and control systems.
I work as a software engineer for a test equipment company in the Massachusetts North Shore area. A full-career version of my professional resume is available at career.corcoranscientific.us.
Corcoran Scientific is my hobby of designing and programming microcontroller‑based electronics. I build sensor and control systems using Arduino, Raspberry Pi and advanced programmable technologies.
My interests include:
- Sensor network and gateway solutions.
- MQTT, CoAP, XML, RESTful and FTP communications.
- Data parsing, cleaning and filtering programs.
- Database ETL programming.
- GIS (GPS) analysis.
- Statistical analysis.
- Mathematical modeling.
- Optimization programming.
- Predictive modeling.
- Website programming.
- Mobile device applications.
- Automated alerts by email or SMS.
- Written documents, slideshows and visualizations.
- Microcontroller programming.
- Modular sensor and control systems.
- IoT networks and gateways.
- Wireless device communications.
- RF and IR decoders and repeaters.
- GPS logging and tracking devices.
- Battery and solar-powered devices.
- Arduino®, ESP8266™, ESP32™, STM32® and PSoC® embedded programming in the C/C++ language.
- Raspberry Pi®, BeagleBone® and Linux® programming using the C/C++, Java® (Pi4J) and Python® languages.
- Windows® programming in the C# and Visual Basic languages.
- Communications by ISM RF (433-MHz, NRF24L01, LoRa, etc.), Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM, GPRS and satcom.
- Data packaging using CSV, XML and JSON.
- PostGIS™ database programming in the PL/pgSQL language.
- Analytical programming in the R language.
- Mathematical programming in the Octave language.
- GIS products using QGIS® software.
- Linear Programming in the AMPL® language.
- Mobile app programming for Android™ devices.
- FreeRTOS™ and Qt programming.
- Legacy programming in FORTRAN, COBOL, Pascal, Ada and assembly languages.
Please contact me by email at email@example.com.
Corcoran Scientific is a PHCSoft enterprise. Mailing address: PHCSoft, 15 Lincoln Street 383, Wakefield, MA 01880 USA. Voicemail: 339-293-7251. Updated May 13, 2021.